Claude Neon Pty Limited (ABN 16 127 894 884) (“We or Us”) and its related bodies corporate considers the privacy and protection of your personal information as important, and is committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
The types of information we collect and hold
The Privacy Act permits us to collect and hold certain types of credit information, credit eligibility information and credit reporting body derived information. This personal information may include:
- Identification details such as your name, birth date, and driver’s license number, address(s), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- The type and amount of credit sought in an application made to us or another credit provider (or that you have offered to act as guarantor in respect of an application for credit and trading arrangement);
- Any default information against you, that is payments overdue for more than 60 days and for amounts over $150, in certain circumstances;
- In respect of that default information, advice about new payment arrangements or that those payments are no longer overdue;
- Details of your current and previous credit providers;
- Start and end dates of particular credit arrangements;
- Certain terms and conditions of particular credit arrangements;
- Records of previous requests made by credit providers and credit insurers to credit reporting bodies for information about you in connection with consumer or commercial credit, guarantee, and securitization arrangements;
- Information about adverse court judgments, personal insolvency records, and publicly available information related to your credit worthiness;
- In specified circumstances that, in our or another credit provider’s opinion, there has been a serious credit infringement (for example, fraud);
- Information derived by our credit reporting body from the above information (for example credit scores, ratings and assessments); and
- Information we derive from the above information (for example our own credit ratings and assessments).
For the purposes of this Policy, we refer to the above information as Credit Information.
We collect Credit Information from you, our related companies, public sources, your representatives and credit reporting bodies that we may use from time to time including Veda Advantage Information Services and Solutions Limited of PO Box 964 North Sydney NSW 2059.
We store Credit Information in hardcopy document or electronic form, and we protect your personal information through physical security and substantial computer and network security.
Purposes of handling Credit Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose Credit Information to:
- Assess an application for credit (by you, an entity associated by you, or as a guarantor);
- Verify your identity;
- Derive scores, ratings, summaries and evaluations relating to your credit worthiness.
- Manage any credit we may provide you (including assigning debts);
- Participate in the credit reporting system and provide information to credit reporting bodies as permitted by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Code;
- Assist you to avoid defaulting on your credit-related obligations;
- Collect overdue payments, undertake enforcement activities and deal with serious credit infringements (including in relation to guarantors);
- Exchanging information with credit providers, as permitted under the Privacy Act;
- Manage our relationship with you and our internal processes and procedures; and
- Deal with complaints and enquiries.
We may also use your Credit Information for direct marketing purposes, however you may tell us at any time that you do not wish to receive such information or otherwise participate (such as by using an opt out function provided in those communications).
Are we likely to disclose your Credit Information to overseas recipients?
No, we are not likely to disclose any of your Credit Information to overseas recipients.
How to access and correct Credit Information
You have a right to request access to your Credit Information and to request its correction from us.
You can request to access your Credit Information that we have on record about you, or request that we update that personal information, by writing, telephoning or emailing us:
Claude Neon Legal Department
Ph: (02) 9315 2777
Locked Bag 2225,
St Leonards NSW 2065
We will need to verify your identity before giving you access or correcting information.
We will respond to your request to access your Credit Information within a reasonable period after the request is made, and if access is granted, we may charge you for providing access. If we refuse access, we will write to you and explain our reasons for refusal, and inform you of what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
We will respond to a request from you to correct your Credit Information within 30 days of you making the request, if we are satisfied that is that your personal information is inaccurate, out‑of‑date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. To that extent, we may consult with a credit reporting body or another credit provider to satisfy ourselves. We will not charge you for a request to correct your personal information. Where we make the correction to your personal information (other than to identification information), we will inform you of this in writing within a reasonable time. If we decide not correct your information, we will write to you and explain our reasons, and inform you of what you can do if you are not satisfied with our response.
You may also contact Veda Advantage Information Services and Solutions Limited (PO Box 964 North Sydney 2059, www.mycreditfile.com.au, 1300 762 207) to review their policies including how to access your personal information that Veda hold, and further to request that Veda does not:
- use credit reporting information about you for the purpose of pre-screening of direct marketing by a credit provider; or
- use or disclose credit reporting information about you if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
How can you make a complaint against us for a breach of your privacy, and how your complaint will be handled?
You are entitled to complain if you believe that your privacy has been compromised or if we have breached the Privacy Act or Credit Reporting Code.
If you have a complaint, you should write to us to, and specify the nature of your complaint:
Claude Neon Legal Department
Locked Bag 2225,
St Leonards NSW 2065
We will respond to you within 7 days of you making the complaint, notifying you that we have received the complaint and we will commence an investigation. After our investigation, and within 30 days of your complaint, we will write to you informing you of our decision in relation to your complaint.
If you believe that your complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved, then you can access an external dispute resolution service (if applicable) or apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to have the complaint heard and determined. When we write to you about our decision, we will explain how you may access an external dispute resolution scheme or make a complaint to the OAIC.